1. WHAT ARE COOKIES? DEFINITION AND GENERAL FUNCTION OF COOKIES
1.1.Types of cookies
1.1.2. Cookies according to the entity that manages them.
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain managed by the website owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by the website owner, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- In the event that the cookies are installed from a device or domain managed by the website owner, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, these cannot be considered first-party cookies.
1.1.3. Cookies according to the length of time they remain activated.
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies that remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
1.1.4. Cookies according to their purpose.
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist on it, including those that the website owner uses to enable the management and operation of the website and to enable its functions and services, such as, for example, to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, provide access to restricted areas, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, manage payments, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing corresponding software licenses (website, platform or application), use security features while browsing, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, text or image loading animation) or share content through social networks.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: these allow information to be remembered so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, language, number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser the user uses to access the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these allow the party responsible for the cookie to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to elaborate browsing profiles for the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data from the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: these enable advertising spaces to be managed as efficiently as possible.
- Targeted advertising cookies: these store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display targeted advertising.
2. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
- Essential technical cookies
- Personalisation cookies
- Analytical cookies
- Targeted advertising cookies